Potts Mountain at Big Canoe
avalon / December 21, 2020
One-of-a-Kind Opportunity for a (+/-) 1,356- acre master planned development and extending phase of the tremendously successful Big Canoe community. Zoned and approved for a diverse mix of 1,400 single family units, 200 senior living units, and various lifestyle amenities, with membership options at Big Canoe for the majority of future home owners – all located 30 miles from Alpharetta and 1-hour drive from Atlanta in Pickens County, GA, at the front door of the beautiful North Georgia Mountains.
- Truly unique development opportunity for a master-planned community totaling over +1,356 acres in Pickens County, GA at the foot of the beautiful Georgia portion of the Blue Ridge Mountains, a natural extension of the massively successful Big Canoe community.
- Adjacent to, and adjoining existing phases of Big Canoe, the private and highly successful, common-interest community featuring a ’24-hr lifestyle’ amenity package with Golf, Tennis, Boating, Hiking, Dining, and a State-of-the-Art Fitness Center, among many others.
- 30 miles from Alpharetta. One hour’s drive from Atlanta.
- Zoned for a mix of 1,400 single family units, 200 senior living units, and adjoining recreational amenities, including availability for 1,042 new memberships to the Big Canoe Property Owner’s Association, granting full access to all of the Big Canoe amenities and lifestyle.
- Topography and approved master plans are conducive to the development of traditional ‘Big Canoe-style’ mountain estate home-sites on the north side of the property, and a higher density mixed-use community on the south side.
- The southern portion of the property is a unique opportunity to create an age-in- place master planned community that will perfectly compliment, and thrive off of, the success of ‘Mother Canoe,’ and other comparable nearby developments.
- Site provides substantial road frontage along Steve Tate Highway, abutting the Big Canoe round-a-about, and Highway 53, allowing access into Steve Tate Highway and a future entrance along Highway 53.
- The 41 acre parcel on the west side of Steve Tate Hwy, across the Cove Road Round-a- bout, is approved as a ‘Town Center’ phase, featuring a 200-unit ‘Senior Center’ and over 100,000 square feet of commercial space, and is available for a diverse range use of uses including a potential ‘Potts Mountain Commercial Node’ or Assisted Living site.
« Previous Next »